This easy to construct winter clothes accordion book is great to include in weather and winter units. I’ve included versions in both U.K. and U.S. English:
U.K. English: coat, hat, gloves, jumper, scarf and trousers.
U.S. English: coat, hat, gloves, sweater, scarf and pants.
Check out our other WINTER CLOTHES related resources at the end of this post!
There are two levels of difficulty for you to choose.
Look for these symbols:
Appropriate for preschool children (age 3 – 4) who can’t yet read or write or are just starting to learn. It includes silhouettes of the pictures to match and words to trace.
Appropriate for kindergarten or first grade children (age 5 – 6) who are more proficient at reading. It includes words only which children must read and match to the pictures.
How to make the accordion book:
1. Download the Accordion Mini Book (see download box below).
Choose the difficulty level appropriate for your child.
- Easier version (pre-K): print one copy of page 2 and page 3 for each child.
- Harder version (K – 1): print one copy of page 2 and page 4 for each child.
2. Cut along the lines indicated (pages 3 – 4). Fold along the centre line and glue to hold in place.
3. Colour and cut the picture boxes (page 2). Paste above the correct word on the accordion book.
Fold along the lines like a concertina to make the accordion book!
More WINTER CLOTHES related resources:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for updates on all our new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.