Get little ones talking about the weather with this fun bingo game – with a rainbow twist! Kids spin the spinner or roll the dice and cross off the weather icons on their bingo card using play dough or a dry-erase marker. First one to complete a line shouts “BINGO!”
After playing, kids can make their very own DIY spinners and dice with the PRINTABLE CRAFTIVITY TEMPLATES!
Choose from PRINT & GO files or an EDITABLE powerpoint file - so you can change the text, the font, or even the language of the game if you wish!
The game is suitable for 3 - 7 year olds. Also available in Spanish.
- BINGO CARDS in colour, with five different kinds of weather: cloudy, rainy, snowy, sunny, and windy.
- WEATHER DICE in colour - versions with & without words.
- WEATHER SPINNER: large spinner in colour you can make using a split-pin and paper clip, a fidget spinner, or a pencil and paper clip.
- KIDS DIY CRAFTIVITY TEMPLATES: dice, spinners and bingo cards in black line for kids to colour, make, and play their very own game!
- EDITABLE POWERPOINT FILE: if you want to edit the text on the game pieces. Compatible with older versions of Powerpoint.
- FULL INSTRUCTIONS on how to assemble and play
- Develops language and vocabulary for identifying and talking about the weather
- Helps develop fine motor skills
- Encourages turn-taking
- Microsoft Powerpoint if you want to edit the game.
- Photo paper or cardstock for printers
- Play dough or dry erase markers to mark the Bingo Cards
- Split pins and paper clips (or a fidget spinner) to make the spinner.
- Glue or double-sided sticky tape to make the dice
- A way to laminate game pieces (not essential but highly recommended)
This simple bingo game comes with a fun twist! If a player spins or rolls the rainbow, they get to choose which weather icon to cross off their card!
You can decide how many lines a player must complete to win the game. For a quick game, have players complete 1 or 2 lines to win. For a long game, they must complete the whole card – in fact, you’ll probably find that your kids want to do that!
If you are using this game to teach English as a Second Language, maximize speaking practice by encouraging kids to say “It’s sunny, cloudy, etc” whenever it’s their turn.
Choose to play with a spinner or a dice. There are two versions of the dice - with or without words. You can edit the dice text if you wish.
Includes colourful bingo cards. Laminate to re-use them, and kids can mark on them with play dough or dry-erase markers.
After playing, you can do a fun craftivity. The game includes photocopiable black line templates of spinners, dice and bingo cards so kids can colour, cut and make their very own game! You can choose from versions with or without words, and edit the text if you wish.
There are also blank spinners, dice and bingo cards, so kids can draw their own weather icons and create their own unique game. You could even use the spinners to make weather clocks!