Here’s a free Valentine’s Day Printable your little students will love! It’s a cute mini accordion book craftivity that’s great for practising some Valentine’s Day vocabulary – six words in total: balloon, card, flowers, heart, present and teddy.
I usually keep my accordion books simple and don’t include the themed end pages, but I thought I would make this one a bit more special for Valentine’s Day!
If you like our accordion books, check out our FREE PRINTABLES page to see them all. I’ve also included links to more VALENTINE’S DAY resources at the end of this post. Enjoy!
There are two levels of difficulty for you to choose.
Look for these symbols:
Appropriate for preschool children (age 3 – 4) who can’t yet read or write or are just starting to learn. It includes silhouettes of the pictures to match and words to trace.
Appropriate for kindergarten or first grade children (age 5 – 6) who are more proficient at reading. It includes words only which children must read and match to the pictures.
How to make the Valentine’s Day Printable Mini Book:
1. Download the VALENTINE’S accordion book (see download box below). Choose the difficulty level appropriate for your child.
- Easier version (pre-K): print one copy of page 2 and page 3 for each child.
- Harder version (K – 1): print one copy of page 2 and page 4 for each child.
You can print these pages on normal printer paper. You may like to print pages 3 and 4 on pink paper, as more of a Valentine theme!
2. Fold along the centre line (pages 3 – 4) and glue to fix in place.
3. Colour and cut the picture boxes (page 2). Paste above the correct word on the accordion book.
Fold along the vertical lines like a concertina.
4. Page 5 of the PDF download includes the end pages of the book. There are 6 on the page and you need 2 per book. Print onto red or pink card and cut along the lines. Print the hearts (page 6) onto paper or card of a contrasting colour.
Children cut out the hearts and stick them onto the book ends. It looks cute if they decorate the hearts with balls of coloured tissue paper as in the photo, but they could use stickers, marker pens or anything they like!
5. Put glue on the end tabs of the book and stick the end pages to them as shown. Finished!
More VALENTINE’S DAY resources:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for discounts and updates on new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.