If you go down to the woods today, you'd better go in disguise! Get your little ones dressed up for a teddy bear's picnic with this cute teddy bear ears craft! It's very easy to do and doesn't require many materials or much preparation. It's also perfect for a Goldilocks and the Three Bears activity, or even if you're teaching parts of the face!
I've included a printable template with a number of options:
- A version for kids to colour
- A version you can use as a template to cut out of coloured card.
For each of these I've included paper-saving sheets for groups, which have multiple pieces per page. You can print these directly onto white or coloured card.
The template is available for free for our email subscribers and you can find it at the end of the post.
How to make the Teddy Bear Ears Craft:
1. Download the printable template (see end of post). Print whichever version you want onto white or coloured card.
2. Colour the ears and head band if necessary and cut out all the pieces.
3. If you're using the template version, stick the pink inner ears onto the outer ears.
4. Take the two head band strips and put a bit of glue at the end of one. Stick the other strip onto it to make a long band. Stick the ears to the band.
5. Use the band to measure the child's head then take it off, making sure you hold the ends in place. Staple the ends together to make a circle.
6. Have fun pretending to be a bear!
This is a straightforward craft which can be easily completed in about 10 minutes (longer if the kids colour the ears).
- Have a Teddy Bear's Picnic! Use the colouring version if you need some time to set out the food!
- Read Goldilocks and the Three Bears, and have kids act out the story afterwards with their bear ears on!
- Use this as a fun, quick craft when teaching parts of the face.