This Tea and Picnic Food accordion book comes in two versions; UK English and US English.
- The UK English version includes the words apple, sandwich, banana, cake, juice and crisps.
- The US English version includes the words apple, sandwich, banana, cake, juice and chips.
The easier version is for preschoolers who can’t yet read or write or are just starting to learn. It includes silhouettes of the pictures to match and words to trace.
The harder version is for kindergarten or first grade children who are more proficient at reading. It includes words only which children must read and match to the pictures.
How to make the accordion book:
1. Download the Accordion Mini Book (see download box below).
Choose the difficulty level appropriate for your child.
- Easier version (pre-K): print one copy of page 2 and page 3 for each child.
- Harder version (K – 1): print one copy of page 2 and page 4 for each child.
2. Cut along the lines indicated (pages 3 – 4). Fold along the centre line and glue to hold in place.
3. Colour and cut the picture boxes (page 2). Paste above the correct word on the accordion book.
Fold along the lines like a concertina to make the accordion book!
More FOOD related resources:
A fun tea time song with Flip and Flop!
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for discounts and updates on new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.