This easy to construct space accordion book will help your child practice their reading and writing skills. Includes the words astronaut, rocket, moon, planet, star and alien.
Our accordion books are an easy activity you can do with kids to practice vocabulary, matching, reading and/or writing. They are also designed to give little hands scissor-practice and work on those fine motor skills!
There are two levels of difficulty for you to choose.
Look for these symbols:
Appropriate for preschool children (age 3 – 4) who can’t yet read or write or are just starting to learn. It includes silhouettes of the pictures to match and words to trace.
Appropriate for kindergarten or first grade children (age 5 – 6) who are more proficient at reading. It includes words only which children must read and match to the pictures.
How to Construct the Space Accordion Book:
1. Download the SPACE Accordion Book (see download box below). Choose the difficulty level appropriate for your child.
- Easier version (pre-K): print one copy of page 2 and page 3 for each child.
- Harder version (K – 1): print one copy of page 2 and page 4 for each child.
2. Cut along the lines indicated (pages 3 – 4). Fold along the centre line and glue to hold in place.
3. Colour and cut the picture boxes (page 2). Paste above the correct word on the accordion book.
Fold along the lines like a concertina to make the accordion book!
If you have a problem with your download, please read our FAQ. If the problem continues, contact us at [email protected] so we can fix it!
More SPACE related resources
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for discounts and updates on new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.
Yanina Ivaldi. says
Me encantan las propuestas de manualidades!, son super creativas y educativas.
El diseño es muy original en un registro infantil de excelente calidad!
Gracias al equipo de Tea time monkeys por acercarnos sus ideas y en este caso de forma gratuita. Mejor imposible!. Recomiendo al 100 % x 100%.