Teach your kids some basic shapes vocabulary with this FREE, easy to construct accordion book! The words included are: circle, diamond, heart, square, star and triangle.
There are two levels of difficulty for you to choose.
Appropriate for preschool children (age 3 - 4) who can't yet read or write or are just starting to learn. It includes outlines of the shapes and words to trace, or a cut & paste matching activity option.
Appropriate for kindergarten or first grade children (age 5 - 6) who are more proficient at reading. It includes words only which children must read and match to the pictures.
How to make the accordion book:
1. Download the SHAPES mini book (see download box below). Choose the difficulty level appropriate for your child.
- Easier version (pre-K): You can print page 3 only and have the children trace over the shape outlines, or print page 2 as well if you want to make it a matching activity (and give them scissor practice).
- Harder version (K - 1): print one copy of page 2 and page 4 for each child.
2. Pages 3 or 4: cut along the large dashed lines marked with a scissors icon. Fold along the dotted centre line and glue to hold in place.
3. Colour and cut out the picture boxes (page 2). Paste above the correct word on the accordion book.
Fold along the dotted lines like a concertina to make the accordion book!