THIS IS A DIGITAL PRODUCT FOR YOU TO PRINT – NO PHYSICAL ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED
Your kids will love being Santa’s Little Helpers in this super fun Christmas match game, where everyone’s a winner! There are 3 different ways to play, so you choose what concepts to practise with your kids: colours, counting, or early math. Kids spin the spinner or roll the dice, match the presents and collect them in their stocking. But Santa needs some help too, and they might have to put a present in his sack! Count up their presents at the end to see who’s a Super Elf and who’s Santa’s Star Helper!
This game is suitable for 3 to 7 year olds – you can even play it with mixed ages and levels and adapt the difficulty level to your students.
For extra fun, make a magnetic version and have kids collect the presents using a DIY Jingle Bell Stick! You can also do a fun CRAFT ACTIVITY and make elf hats with the templates provided.
SANTA’S SACK is ideal for 2 – 4 players, but you can simply print more stockings and presents if you have more players.
PLEASE SEE OUR RETURNS POLICY BEFORE PURCHASING.
This Print & Play Game Includes:
- 1 STAND-UP SANTA & SACK
- STOCKINGS in 4 different designs
- 2 SPINNERS (colours spinner and a number spinner)
- I EDITABLE DICE – for kids to practise basic additions and/or subtractions
- 25 PRESENTS CARDS – in 5 different colours and with a design of 1 to 5 snowflakes
- ELF HAT TEMPLATES – 4 different designs in colour and black line
- PRIZE BADGES – Super Elf or Santa’s Star Helper
- FULL INSTRUCTIONS on how to print, make and play
- Identify colours
- Identify numbers 1 -5
- Practise counting
- Practise basic addition and subtraction
- Encourages observational and matching skills
To make the game you need:
- Adobe Reader if you want to edit the dice
- Photo paper or cardstock for printers
- Cutter or craft knife & ruler
- Split pins & paper clips to make the spinners
- Double-sided sticky tape or glue to make the dice
- A way to laminate game pieces (optional but highly recommended)
USING THE GAME IN CLASS
I use this game in class with a number of different age groups. For 3-5 year olds I play with the colours or numbers spinner. With my 6-7 year olds I play with the addition/subtraction dice or I use a dice which I have printed with the number words. The dice is editable, so you can choose what to include!
You can even play it with groups of mixed ages and levels – for example, if you have pre-schoolers and first graders in the same group, the pre-schoolers can play with the colours or numbers spinner while the first graders play with the addition-subtraction dice to give them more of a challenge.
I also have the kids play with a magnetic DIY Jingle Bell Stick, which is a huge hit! It’s really easy to make (instructions are included in the download) and it adds an extra element of fun to the game. For the youngest kids it’s also good fine motor skills practice.
As a pre-game or follow-up activity, your kids can make cute elf hats to wear! The download includes a ready-to-go colour version, a black line version for kids to colour, and also templates for groups that you can print onto coloured card and do as a more involved craft activity.
MORE IN STORE:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for updates on all our new resources!
Please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.