This pretty doily flower is an easy Mother’s Day craft that’s perfect for pre-schoolers! There are many options for decorating it – just add stickers and gems to the centre, or include a photo of the child to make a beautiful, personal keepsake that mums will treasure!
I’ve included a template for the circles that’s FREE to download, so if you’re doing this in a group you can save time by simply printing the circles directly onto coloured card.
- Coloured cardstock (yellow, and any other colours of your choice)
- Doily (approx. 16.5cm / 6.5 inches diameter)
- Wooden kebab stick (make sure the sharp end is cut off)
- Green pipe cleaner
- Green ribbon
- Scraps of coloured or decorative paper
- Glue & scissors
- Sticky tape
- To decorate: Stickers, sticky gems and / or adhesive buttons
- Optional: A photo of the child
How to make the Pretty Doily Flower – Easy Mother’s Day Craft:
1. Cut two circles of coloured card approximately 9.5 cm in diameter, and one smaller circle (approx. 7 cm diameter) of yellow card. If you’re doing this craft with a group you can use the free template provided at the end of the post to print the circles directly onto sheets of card.
2. Stick one of the coloured card circles to the centre of the doily.
3. Cut some hearts from coloured paper and glue onto the circle as shown. Instead of hearts, you could also stick strips of decorative paper as shown.
4. Stick the yellow circle on top. Glue on a photo of the child if you want to make personalized flowers and / or decorate with stickers, sticky gems, adhesive buttons etc.
5. Fix the kebab stick to the back of the flower using sticky tape. Make sure you cut off the sharp end of the stick beforehand.
6. Glue the other coloured circle on top.
7. Take the pipe cleaner and, starting at the top of the kebab stick, wind it around until you reach the end.
8. Cut a length of green ribbon about 60 cm and tie a bow around the stick.
9. Your pretty doily flower is finished!
Advice for small group classes:
This is a straightforward craft that will take 20 – 30 mins to complete in a small group.
- If you want to add the heart petals to the flowers, you may want pre-cut the hearts beforehand – especially if you are doing this with 3 year olds.
- Young children will need help tying the bow.
If you have a problem with your download, please read our FAQ. If the problem continues, contact us at [email protected] so we can fix it!
More MOTHER’S DAY related resources:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for discounts and updates on new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.
Leave a Reply