I love making crafts that kids can play with afterwards, and anything peekaboo is always a great hit with my little ones!
This is a fun Christmas craft that’s easy to make and doesn’t require many materials. Your little ones will love making Santa pop up out of the chimney and disappear down again!
- Red card and small pieces of pink and white card
- Cotton wool
- Lollipop (popsicle) stick
- Cardboard tube (toilet roll tube – at least 4.5cm diameter)
- Black pen or a pencil
- White pencil or crayon
- Scissors, glue and sticky tape
How to make Santa in the Chimney:
1. Print or trace the Santa template onto red card (free template file provided at end of post). Cut out.
2. Cut a small semicircle of pink card for the face and stick on.
3. Cut a strip of white card for the hat brim – make sure it’s no wider than the body (about 4cm x 1 cm should work fine). Stick above the face.
4. Using a black pen or a pencil draw lines as shown to outline the body, the belt, the boots and the hands. Add eyes, a nose and a mouth. Colour the hands with the white pencil or crayon.
5. Stick on cotton wool for the beard, and to decorate the hat.
6. Turn Santa over and stick the lollipop stick to the back with sticky tape as shown.
7. Draw lines on the cardboard tube to make bricks.
Place glue around the top of the tube and stick cotton wool around it.
8. Slide your Santa into the chimney and have fun making him pop up and down!
More CHRISTMAS related resources:
From our store:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for discounts and updates on new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.