Teach your kids some parts of the face vocabulary with this easy to construct accordion book! The words included are: ears, eyes, hair, mouth and nose.
There are two levels of difficulty for you to choose.
Appropriate for preschool children (age 3 - 4) who can't yet read or write or are just starting to learn. It includes words to trace.
Appropriate for kindergarten or first grade children (age 5 - 6) who are more proficient at reading and writing. It includes spaces for kids to write the correct word under each picture.
How to make the Parts of the Face Accordion Book:
1. Download the accordion book (see download box below). Choose the difficulty level appropriate for your child.
- Easier version (pre-K): print one copy of page 2 for each child.
- Harder version (K - 1): print one copy of page 3 for each child.
2. Cut along the dashed lines indicated.
3. Children identify which part of the face is missing from the clown in each picture. They then draw the missing face parts and colour them.
4. Easier version: kids trace over the words under each picture. Harder version: children write the missing face part under each picture.
5. Once finished, help the children fold along the centre line and glue to hold in place. They then fold along the other lines like a concertina to make the accordion book!