Here’s a really easy paper basket that kids can make. This craft would fit well with Little Red Riding Hood, Easter or Spring activities, or as a cute teddy’s picnic basket! It doesn’t take long to make and all you really need is some card or paper and a stapler.
I’ve included a template with different designs for you to choose: plain, or with flowers, hearts or a basket design. The template is free to download and you can find it at the end of the post.
- White or coloured card or paper
- Optional: Crayons, coloured pencils, pens, or stickers
- Optional:15cm x 15cm square of tissue paper or fabric
How to make the paper basket:
1. Download, print and cut out the template pieces, or cut a 15 cm x 15 cm square from card or paper and draw 4 lines about 5 or 6 cm long from each corner diagonally towards the centre. Cut a 25 cm x 2.5cm strip for the handle.
2. Decorate the square and the handle strip by drawing and colouring designs or adding stickers.
3. Cut along the 4 diagonal lines of the square. Take one corner (A) and fold to point C, as shown in the diagram. Take the other corner (B) and do the same, making sure it overlaps the first corner.
4. Holding the corners in place, place one end of the handle strip behind them (on the inside of the basket) and staple all the layers together.
5. Repeat on the other side.
6. The basket is finished! Use a square of cloth to turn it into a teddy sized picnic basket, or line with coloured tissue paper for an Easter or spring basket!
If you have a problem with your download, please read our FAQ. If the problem continues, contact us at [email protected] so we can fix it!
You may also like:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for discounts and updates on new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.
Leave a Reply