If you want to practise lower numbers and counting with your little ones, this free Numbers 1 to 6 mini book is really easy to construct and comes in two levels of difficulty.
The easier version includes dots that children must count and match the numbers correctly. In the harder version, children must read the words in order to match the numbers. I’ve used the “ten frame” system to help young learners count.
You can use our free numbers 1 to 6 flashcards with this printable, plus we have loads of other resources related to numbers and counting that you might like – see the end of the post for more!
There are two levels of difficulty for you to choose.
Look for these symbols:
Appropriate for preschool children (age 3 – 4) who can’t yet read or write or are just starting to learn. It includes silhouettes of the pictures to match and words to trace.
Appropriate for kindergarten or first grade children (age 5 – 6) who are more proficient at reading. It includes words only which children must read and match to the pictures.
How to make the Numbers 1 to 6 accordion book:
1. Download the Accordion Mini Book (see download box below).
Choose the difficulty level appropriate for your child.
- Easier version (pre-K): print one copy of page 2 and page 3 for each child.
- Harder version (K – 1): print one copy of page 2 and page 4 for each child.
2. Cut along the lines indicated (pages 3 – 4). Fold along the centre line and glue to hold in place.
3. Colour and cut the picture boxes (page 2). Paste above the correct word on the accordion book.
Fold along the lines like a concertina to make the accordion book!
More NUMBERS & COUNTING resources:
From our store:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for updates on all our new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.