This free cut and paste “O is for Ox” printable makes a very simple craft activity if you’re teaching phonics and the letter “O”, and it also works really well as a Chinese Year of the Ox craft!
You might like to show your kids a picture of a real ox before doing the craft – I’ve provided one you can download and print (you’ll find the free printables at the end of the post). Point out the horns, the ears, eyes, nose, mouth and hair, as these are the features they’ll be adding to the “O” to make the ox!
The great thing is that you don’t need many materials for this craft activity – it’s super low-prep and really easy for preschoolers!
- White card stock
- Paints, crayons or coloured pencils
- Scissors and glue
- Googly eyes
- Optional: wool and double sided sticky tape
How to make the O is for Ox Craft:
- Print one copy of the letter O (page 2 of the PDF) on white card stock for each child.
- On page 3 of the PDF you’ll find 3 sets of ears and horns (this is to save paper!). Give one set of ears and horns to each child.
3. Children colour or paint the letter O, the ears and the horns. Invite them to colour the inside of the letter O in a different colour.
4. Leave to dry if necessary, then cut out the ears and the horns. Ask your kids where they think the ears and horns are on an ox, and where they think they should stick them on the letter. You can show them a picture of a real ox, or a finished version of the ox craft to help them!
5. Once they have stuck on the ears and the horns, your kids can then add some googly eyes and draw a nose and mouth in the inside of the O.
6. They can also give their ox some hair! We used a piece of double sided sticky tape and stuck short pieces of brown wool to it. And that’s it! The cute O is for Ox craft is finished!
If you have a problem with your download, please read our FAQ. If the problem continues, contact us at [email protected] so we can fix it!
You may also like:
From our store:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for discounts and updates on new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.
Leave a Reply