This Funny Faces mix and match book is really fun activity to do with kids – I guarantee they will absolutely love it! Not only is it a great way to review parts of the face vocabulary, you can also use it to teach about expressions and feelings, description adjectives (big, small, colours of eyes etc), adjective order, and even names of animals!
You can of course cut the face parts out of magazines, but if you’re doing this with a group it’s quite challenging to find enough close-up face shots for all the kids to use. So I’ve done the work for you, and have compiled a fun FREE selection of ready-to-use eyes, mouths and noses. There’s a page of human face parts and a page of animal face parts, so your kids can make some really hilarious combinations!
The printable face parts are at the right size to make an A5 sized book (half letter size) – all you need to do is download and print as many copies as you need! Not only that, but I’ve prepared ready-to-cut page strips as well as some optional front covers if you want to use them too.
If you like this printable, see the end of the post for more fun PARTS OF THE FACE resources!
How to use the Funny Faces – DIY Mix & Match book with Printable Face Parts:
- Download the book template and printable face parts (see download box below).
- Print as many copies of the human or animal face parts as you need.
- Each page of the book is divided into three strips: eyes, nose and mouth. There are two pages per sheet included in the template, so one sheet will give six strips.
You can make the book with as many pages as you like. Here are instructions for a four page mix & match book:
- Print two template sheets (page 5 of the PDF). Cut along the solid black lines. Gather the strips into three piles of four strips, with the dotted lines on the left.
- Staple or glue the strips of each pile together. Fold each pile along the dotted lines.
- Fold an A4 or letter size sheet of coloured card stock in half. Stick each pile of strips to the back cover of the book, as shown in the photo.
- Stick eyes on the top strips, noses on the middle strips and mouths on the bottom strips. Add a cover page and then have fun making all sorts of hilarious face combinations!
If you have a problem with your download, please read our FAQ. If the problem continues, contact us at [email protected] so we can fix it!
More PARTS OF THE FACE related resources:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for discounts and updates on new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.
Iraci Penha ds oliveira says