Teach your kids some feelings vocabulary with this FREE emotions printable - an easy to construct accordion book! The words included are: angry, calm, happy, sad, scared and silly.
We have other FEELINGS and EMOTIONS resources you can use together with this accordion book - see the end of this post for more!
There are two levels of difficulty for you to choose.
Appropriate for preschool children (age 3 - 4) who can't yet read or write or are just starting to learn. It includes pictures to colour and words to trace.
Appropriate for kindergarten or first grade children (age 5 - 6) who are more proficient at reading. It includes words only which children must read and match to the pictures.
How to make the accordion book:
1. Download the FEELINGS accordion book (see download box below). Choose the difficulty level appropriate for your child.
- Easier version (pre-K): print one copy of page page 3 for each child. If you want to give your kids more scissor practice, print a copy of page 2 for each child as well.
- Harder version (K - 1): print one copy of page 2 and page 4 for each child.
2. Cut along the lines indicated (pages 3 - 4). Fold along the centre line and glue to hold in place.
3. Easier version - kids colour the faces and trace the words. Harder version - Kids colour and cut the picture boxes (page 2), then paste each one above the correct word on the accordion book.
Fold along the lines like a concertina to make the accordion book!