Teach your kids some feelings vocabulary with this FREE emotions printable – an easy to construct accordion book! The words included are: angry, calm, happy, sad, scared and silly.
We have other FEELINGS and EMOTIONS resources you can use together with this accordion book – see the end of this post for more!
There are two levels of difficulty for you to choose.
Look for these symbols:
Appropriate for preschool children (age 3 – 4) who can’t yet read or write or are just starting to learn. It includes silhouettes of the pictures to match and words to trace.
Appropriate for kindergarten or first grade children (age 5 – 6) who are more proficient at reading. It includes words only which children must read and match to the pictures.
How to make the accordion book:
1. Download the FEELINGS accordion book (see download box below). Choose the difficulty level appropriate for your child.
- Easier version (pre-K): print one copy of page page 3 for each child. If you want to give your kids more scissor practice, print a copy of page 2 for each child as well.
- Harder version (K – 1): print one copy of page 2 and page 4 for each child.
2. Cut along the lines indicated (pages 3 – 4). Fold along the centre line and glue to hold in place.
3. Easier version – kids colour the faces and trace the words. Harder version – Kids colour and cut the picture boxes (page 2), then paste each one above the correct word on the accordion book.
Fold along the lines like a concertina to make the accordion book!
More FEELINGS & EMOTIONS related resources:
From our store:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for updates on all our new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.