This is a really easy octopus craft that's SO simple for preschoolers. The only materials you really need are some coloured paper or card stock, a pen or pencil and some glue! It's a cute activity to tie in with a sea life theme or World Ocean's Day. It could even work as a squid craft!
You can see the instructions for making the octopus in the video below. I made it for my little Spanish ESL students to follow along with, but I've also included some written instructions if you prefer.
I used a plain sheet of coloured paper in the video, but I've also provided a free template for the octopus with the cutting lines and glue guides marked on it that you can download. You'll find the download box at the end of the tutorial.
We've got loads more SEA ANIMALS related crafts and resources at the end of the post that you might also like to try!
How to make the Easy Paper Octopus Craft:
1. Take a sheet of coloured paper or card stock. There is a free template you can download if you want to print it onto the paper.
2. Cut the paper where indicated (if you use a plain piece of paper see the instructions in the video. If you use the template, the cutting guides are indicated). Decorate the arms with coloured spots.
3. Stick the arm strips onto the body as shown. The template includes gluing guides.
4. Add a happy face and some more spots to the octopus' body.
5. Using a pen or pencil, roll each arm strip up towards the body to make curly tentacles.
6. Put some glue on one end of the octopus body and stick the other end to it to form a cyclinder.
7. Your cute paper octopus craft is finished!