Here’s a cute mini book that’s perfect for some Spring or Easter counting practice with your little ones! This FREE printable features the numbers 1 – 6, and you have two versions to choose from; one where children draw and count the eggs, and another where children just count them.
The book also includes a fun little twist! Towards the end of the story a bunny appears, and the very last page shows an empty basket – so you or the kids can decide how the book ends! Does the bunny take all the eggs? Or does the bunny leave more eggs? Children can draw more eggs in the basket or leave it empty depending on what they prefer.
I’ve also provided two styles of book cover; a large basket-shaped cover or a smaller paper saving cover for groups, so you can choose according to what’s best for your class.
Don’t forget to check out all our other SPRING AND EASTER related resources – see the end of the post for more!
How to make the Easter Counting Mini Book:
1. Download the free printable (see download box below).
2. Choose the version you prefer:
- Version 1 (pages 2 & 3) shows the eggs in the basket. Children count the eggs on each page and write the number in the space provided. The basket on the last page is blank so children can either draw in more eggs, or put “0” in the space provided.
- Version 2 (pages 4 & 5) has empty baskets and children have to draw or paint the correct number of eggs in each one – a cute idea is to have them make the eggs with their fingerprints! The number is indicated in the top right hand corner.
I highly recommend you have children complete the sheets BEFORE cutting! It’s much easier for them to follow the sequence that way, and not lose or muddle up the pages.
Once they have completed the sheets, children cut along the large dashed lines to create 8 mini book pages.
3. Choose the book cover you prefer. There is a large basket-shaped cover on page 6, which you can print on card. Kids colour, cut and fold the cover in half, then glue or staple the book pages inside.
Alternatively, Page 7 includes a quarter-page sized cover to save paper if you are doing this activity with a group. Simply gather the pages together in sequence and staple along the left hand edge.
More SPRING & EASTER related resources:
From our store:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for discounts and updates on new resources!
This is a free printable, but please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.