Help your child count from one to six with this cute, fun and FREE cookies printable activity!
There are two levels of difficulty for you to choose.
Look for these symbols:
Level 1 (Pre-K):
Appropriate for preschool children (age 3 – 4) who are learning to count and recognize digits.
Level 2 (K):
Appropriate for kindergarten children (age 5) who are learning to read numbers written in words.
How to use the Cookies Counting Printable:
- Download the Cookies Counting printable and choose the level of difficulty appropriate for you kids (see download box below)
- There are six yummy cookies to put on the plate. Print the plate and cookies, and cut out all six cookies.
- Children count the number of chocolate chips on each cookie and match it to the correct space on the plate! There are two levels of difficulty; the easier plate shows the number, the other plate has the number word to read.
- I recommend laminating the colour version to make it more durable. You can use blu-tac to stick the cookies to the plate, or turn it into a fun baking tray activity by sticking small adhesive magnets onto the back of each cookie and placing the printed plate onto a baking tray for children to play!
- I like to play this as a group activity (using a baking tray) by putting the cookies into a bag and inviting my kids to pick one out in turn, count the chocolate chips and then place it on the correct space on the plate.
- There is also a black and white version if you want to make it a colouring and stick & paste activity!