THIS IS A DIGITAL PRODUCT FOR YOU TO PRINT – NO PHYSICAL ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED.
Please see our SHOP FAQ for information on purchasing and refunds.
This pack of editable COLOURS & SHAPES ESSENTIALS FLASHCARDS includes 12 basic colours and 12 basic shapes for teaching little ones:
Colours: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, purple, pink, brown, white, gray, and black.
Shapes: square, circle, triangle, star, diamond, heart, oval, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon, arrow and cross.
The graphics have a fuzzy felt effect designed to appeal to young kids. We’ve also included one version of the shapes with cute smiley faces, and one version with just plain shapes (if your kids are a bit older).
PLEASE READ OUR RETURNS POLICY BEFORE PURCHASING.
This pack includes:
- 2 SETS OF PICTURE-WORD CARDS: one set of colours and smiley shapes, one set of colors and plain shapes
- 2 SETS OF PICTURE-ONLY CARDS: one set of colours and smiley shapes, one set of colors and plain shapes
- 2 SETS OF WORD-ONLY CARDS: one set with frames, one set without frames
SAVE WHEN YOU BUY TOGETHER:
Buy COLOURS & SHAPES ESSENTIALS Flashcards Pack and get 35% OFF the following products when you add one to cart:
Our flashcards are designed with young kids in mind:
- high quality graphics that are appealing to little ones
- a simple, classic font
- rounded corners
We’ve also designed them with educators in mind:
The flashcards are full page, so you can choose to print them at multiple sizes to suit your needs:
- 1 per sheet (XL) – ideal for use with large classes or as wall decorations.
- 2 per sheet (L) – great for home or classroom use, flashcard games or wall displays.
- 4 per sheet (S) – handy and portable, ideal for your literacy centres, playing games, or to use with small groups.
- 8 per sheet (XS) – mini flashcards that are great if you don’t have much table space, or even if you’re out and about with your little one!
You get full instructions on how to print the cards at whichever size you prefer!
The pack includes different kinds of cards that you can use in lots of ways:
- Picture-word cards – show both pictures and words. Perfect for teaching vocabulary and helping with reading skills.
- Picture cards – show only pictures without captions. Great for revising vocabulary and playing guessing or matching games.
- Word cards – show only the words, without pictures. The framed word cards are designed for you to use in games such as pairs, to practice reading and matching skills. The frameless word cards are recommended for making double-sided flashcards.
These flashcards are editable PDFs, so you can change the captions if you prefer an alternative word. You can also change the captions to a different language!
The font used is called Poppins, and it supports Baltic, Basic Latin, Catalan, Central European, Euro, Romanian, Turkish and Western European languages. However, please note that it does not support Arabic, Cyrillic, or Chinese, Japanese, and Korean (CJK) characters.
For a full list of the languages this font supports, see here.
Be aware that if the words you enter are very long, the text size will be reduced. This may be problematic for languages such as German, Finnish or Turkish, which tend to have a lot of long words.
MORE IN STORE:
SUBSCRIBE to our free newsletter for discounts and updates on new resources!
Please read our FAQ for full info about how you can use our materials.